For more information, see the Programming and operating instructions manual that came with your terminal.
This method allows you to program the remote control without using codes. Instead, the remote control automatically
searches for the correct code that operates your device.
When using this method, there are several important points to remember:
• The order in which you program your electronic devices is not important.
• There may be several codes that turn your electronic devices on/off (or perform other functions). Once you lock in a
code, be sure to check the available functions for that device (e.g. TV (Vol +/-, Mute), TV Input (Video Source button), VCR (Play, Stop, etc.), DVD (Play, Stop,etc.), AUDIO (Vol +/-, Mute)) to see if they are operating.
• While the remote is searching for the correct setup code(s) for your electronic devices, it is possible that other (previously programmed) devices may turn on/off. If this occurs, continue pressing the CH + or CH - buttons until you find the correct code for the device you are programming.
• It may take several minutes for the remote to find the correct code that turns your device off (or performs another selected function). During this time, the POWER/MODE buttons will light up in fast rotation (i.e. CBL > TV > VIDEO > AUDIO ).
PROGRAMMING YOUR REMOTE CONTROL USING THE CH + OR CH - BUTTONS
1. Turn on all the electronic devices (TV, VCR, DVD, AUDIO) you want to program the remote to operate.
2. Press SELECT then MUTE together until the CBL/TV/VCR/AUDIO buttons light up in a slow rotation.
3. Press and hold the CH + button until one device turns off. While you are pressing the CH + button, the CBL/TV/VCR/AUDIO buttons will light up in fast rotation. As soon as one device turns off, release the CH + button.
4. Press MUTE. If the device that turned off:
a. Turns back on, press SELECT to lock in this code. The CBL/TV/VCR/AUDIO buttons will blink 3 times and go out.
b. Does not turn back on, press CH - repeatedly until that device turns back on. Each time you press the CH - button, the CBL/TV/VCR/AUDIO buttons will light up once in a reverse fast rotation.
5. Once you have found a code that turns the device on/off, press SELECT to lock in this code. The CBL/TV/VCR/AUDIO buttons will blink 3 times and go out.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 above for each of the remaining electronic devices you wish to program the remote to operate.