To install and configure a virtual QWERTY keyboard in French, follow these steps:
1. Open the “Market” application. If you don’t have a Google account, you must open one. (Go to the end of this document for more information on this topic.)
2. Search for the “AnySoftKeyboard” application using the Android Market search box.
Note that you will also have to install the “French Language Pack” after you have completed these steps.
3. Press “Install” to install Android Market’s “AnySoftKeyboard” application.
4. Likewise, search for the “French Language Pack” application using the Android Market search engine.
5. Return to the screen saver and press “Settings.”
6. Select “Language & keyboard.”
7. Make sure that the keyboard option “AnySoftKeyboard” is checked off.
8. To activate it, open a new message (SMS) and click on the text entry zone.
9. Select the “Input mode” field.
10. Select “AnySoftKeyboard” and make sure that the “Android Keyboard” option is not checked off.
11. The “AnySoftKeyboard” is now active, including all its applications (Internet, SMS and MMS messaging, email, etc.).
Creating a Google account
To access all Android Market applications, you must first open a Google account. Here’s how:
To open a Google account, select “Create.”
Choose a username and a password.
If you wish, select the “Data backup” option.
Your account is now active and ready to use to download Android Market applications.
Need help? Contact Technical Support
Services for the
hearing impaired (TTY)
From your Videotron mobile phone, dial 611.