When you change the language of your mobile phone’s keyboard, you obtain:
- An operating system based on the French language
- A keyboard in QWERTY mode
- An English dictionary
1. Press the Menu button (the second button to the left in the menu at the bottom of your telephone screen) and then “Settings.”
2. Select “Language & keyboard.”
If the phone is not already set to French, go to the “Select language” menu and select “French.”
Once this is done, go to the Android Keyboard menu.
3. Go to the “Text input language” menu.
Select English (United States), making sure a green check mark appears in this box.
Deselect French (France) in the language choice and make sure the green check mark no longer appears in this box.
4. You must also change the input settings.
Unselect “AutoComplete.” Otherwise, when you write a message, your phone will correct spelling and syntax based on the English dictionary.
To make sure the settings are those you want, turn your phone off and then turn it on again. Make sure that the keyboard is in QWERTY mode and that the default language is now French.
Need help? Contact Technical Support
Services for the
hearing impaired (TTY)
From your Videotron mobile phone, dial 611.