A free BlackBerry operating system upgrade is available to any Videotron subscriber with a BlackBerry Curve 9300 device. Simply connect your BlackBerry Curve to your computer using the BlackBerry Desktop application and follow the instructions.
- New images and icons
- A more intuitive interface
- Homescreen displaying application icons five ways: All, Favourites, Multimedia, Downloads and Frequent
The BlackBerry OS 6 upgrade includes the following applications:
- Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace
- Instant messaging: Windows Live, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, AIM
- BlackBerry AppWorld
- Podcast Catalog
- BlackBerry Bridge (for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet)
- Text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages now displayed in the same window.
- Faster and more robust WebKit browser
- Browsing with tabs
- Simplified photo album management
- More album images in the music player
- New music and video player design
First , make sure you have the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, it is recommended to download it from the following address: http://ca.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop
Even if you have BlackBerry Desktop already installed, it is recommended to download it again to make sure you have the latest version. When your Curve 9300 is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop software, the upgrade option will be displayed on the screen.
Select “Get upgrade.”
Connection to your device will be established.
Confirm your choice of options before proceeding with installation of the upgrade.
Make sure the box “Back up device data” is checked, before proceeding with the software update.
Wait a few moments for the upgrade to install.
Once installation is complete, disconnect your BlackBerry Curve. The device is now upgraded to BlackBerry version 6.
Need help? Contact Technical Support
Services for the
hearing impaired (TTY)
From your Videotron mobile phone, dial 611.