A free BlackBerry operating system upgrade is available to any Videotron subscriber with a BlackBerry Bold 9700 device. Simply connect your BlackBerry Bold to your computer using the BlackBerry Desktop application and follow the instructions.
- New images and icons
- A more intuitive interface
- Homescreen displaying application icons five ways: All, Favourites, Multimedia, Downloads and Frequent
The BlackBerry OS 6 upgrade includes the following applications:
- Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace
- Instant messaging: Windows Live, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, AIM
- BlackBerry AppWorld
- Podcast Catalog
- BlackBerry Bridge (for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet)
- Text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages now displayed in the same window.
- Faster and more robust WebKit browser - Browsing with tabs
- Simplified photo album management
- More album images in the music player
- New music and video player design
In order to make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, download and install it from the following address:
When your Bold 9700 is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop software, the upgrade option will be displayed on the screen.
Select “Get upgrade.”
Connection to your device will be established.
Confirm your choice of options before proceeding with installation of the upgrade.
Make sure “Back up device data” is checked before starting the software upgrade.
Wait a few moments for the upgrade to install.
Once installation is complete, disconnect your BlackBerry Bold. The device is now upgraded to BlackBerry version 6.
Need help? Contact Technical Support
Services for the
hearing impaired (TTY)
From your Videotron mobile phone, dial 611.