I have just subscribed to Videotron’s Security Services. Now what?
Once you have subscribed to Security Services, you must install the security follow-up on your computer.
You can download the Security Services at anytime by clicking here.
I have already subscribed, but I have to download Videotron’s Security Services again.
Download Vidéotron Security Services again
I’m getting an error message when I enter my account number.
Make sure there are no spaces or hyphens in your account number.
I can’t activate the security services.
1. Restart your computer
2. Open Videotron Services
3. Click Preferences
4. Click Change User. The Login window will appear.
5. Enter your Videotron account number and click Submit.
6. Close VSS and reopen if the problem persists.
7. Restart your computer again to force the application to refresh the VSS
activation status on the PC.
What is the minimal required configuration to subscribe to Videotron Security Services?
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bits), Windows Vista (SP2),
Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- Processor: 1.6 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Available disc space: 1 GB (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
For easier use, however, we recommend 2 GB of disc space, a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Processor and 1 GB of RAM for XP or 1.5 GB of RAM for subsequent versions of Windows.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer Videotron Security Services for Apple’s Mac OS at this time.
My Internet connection has been slow since I installed VSS.
If your internet connection is better when the firewall is deactivated:
- Reactivate the firewall
- Click Settings, Firewall under Display Settings
- Click the Advanced tab under the Firewall Configuration window
- Make sure Internet Connection Sharing is ON
- Make sure Block Port Scans is OFF
- Return to the home page, then click Firewall > Network Activity
- Set the Network to Home/Office
- Set Stealth Mode to Remote
- Set Generic to Yes
- Close SSV and restart the computer
I can’t connect to the Internet after having clicked “Execute” for the UNINSTALLTOOL.EXE.
1. Go to Device Manager > Display Menu > Display Hidden Settings
2. Look under Non-Plug and Play Drivers (if present). Check if the bdfwfpf.sys and VSS Firewall NDIS Filter Driver.sys drivers are present. If so, uninstall them by right-clicking the mouse and selecting Uninstall.
In the French version of XP, the new English VSS doesn’t install automatically after the forced update.
The problem is caused by a “path” (i.e., C:/Program Files/…), which must be entered in the Windows registry, but which has surpassed the limit of 259 characters imposed by Windows XP for combining French repertoire names and English product names. The most recent versions of Windows have a higher limit that allows for updates. Therefore, you must install the security solution in the same language as Windows XP (SP3).
For any other problems try following these tips:
- If the problem persists, hit Run and search for the file named uninstalltool.exe to complete uninstallation, and then be able to reinstall. If you can’t find the .exe file on your computer, you can download it here:
- When talking with Technical Support, if a representative asks you to collect your computer’s debugging information, you must run the following file: supporttool.exe. If you can’t find it on your computer, download it here: http://support.radialpoint.com/client_images/videotron/supporttool.exe
- If you installed a lower version of Videotron Security Services (SSV9) and a representative requests that you uninstall it, but you can’t find the uninstall tool on your computer, you can download it here: http://dl01.radialpoint.net/Radialpoint/Uninstall/UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe
How to repair VSS if software is not responding:
How to repair VSS if software is not responding:
Control Panel > Program and Features > Videotron Security Services > Uninstall/Change > Repair
I get the following error message when I try to download VSS : "Subscription not recognized". What do I do?
You don’t need to uninstall and reinstall the Videotron Service Agent to fix this problem.
1) Make sure that the date and time are current
2) Open the Videotron Service Agent
3) Click on the “Preferences” tab
4) Click on “Enter account number”. The “log in” window will then appear
5) Enter your Videotron account number and then hit “Submit”
6) Go back to the “Software” tab
7) Download VSS
I get the "Download failed due to proxy server configuration" error message. What does it mean and what do I do?
Proxy servers serve as intermediaries between web browsers (like Internet Explorer) and the Internet. Proxy servers are mainly used for business networks and networks for other organizations. As a rule of thumb, users that connect to the Internet at home do not do so via a proxy server.
Modifying proxy server settings manually:
1) Click on the “START” button. In the search field, type “INTERNET EXPLORER”.
In the results, select “Internet Explorer”
2) Click the “TOOLS” button, then “INTERNET OPTIONS”
3) Click on the “CONNECTIONS” tab, then “NETWORK SETTINGS”
4) Make sure that NONE of the options are selected. Uncheck all checked boxes
5) Click “OK” until you get back to Internet Explorer
Microsoft’s automatic repair tool:
To modify proxy server settings:
1) Download and run Microsoft Fix it: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9754899
More info on this tool here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2289942/fr-fr
I get an error message saying "Incomplete installation". What do I do?
1) Make sure your computer has the right settings for VSS
2) Run uninstalltool.exe and restart your computer
3) Try to reinstall VSS
4) If you’re still having trouble, make sure the Microsoft .NET Framework
has been properly installed
5) Check if Windows Installer has been properly installed
6) Reinstall VSS
I get an error message saying "Download failed". What do I do?
1) Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet
2) Click on the “RETRY” button in the Videotron Services Agent.
The download might take a few minutes. It is recommended that you not
cancel or interrupt the download.
If you’re still having trouble:
Follow the instructions laid out in the “PROXY SERVER” section.
How do I use the remote locking feature of Videotron's anti-theft service?
To use anti-theft features:
1) Connect your computer to a Videotron Security Portal account by logging in to
Videotron Security Services.
2) You can activate features via the Videotron Security Portal account your
computer is connected to.
3) Your computer must be connected to the Internet to receive instructions on how
to use the features.
To access anti-theft features from your account:
1) Go to https://videotron.monportaildesecurite.com/en and log in to your account.
2) Select ANTI-THEFT.
3) Select your computer from the list of devices.
4) Choose the feature you wish to use:
LOCATE – Displays your computer’s location on Google Maps.
DELETE – Lets you delete data from your computer.
LOCK – Lets you lock your computer and unlock it with a PIN.
IMPORTANT: ONCE YOU DELETE THE DATA ON YOUR COMPUTER, ALL ANTI-THEFT FEATURES WILL NO LONGER BE FUNCTIONAL.
IMPORTANT: USE A PIN THAT YOU WILL NOT FORGET, OR THAT YOU CAN FIND LATER. ONCE YOU HAVE ACTIVATED THE LOCK FUNCTION, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO ASK FOR IT AGAIN OR HAVE IT RESET. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCESS A LOCKED COMPUTER WITH A PIN, MAKING VIDEOTRON’S ANTI-THEFT SERVICE EVEN MORE SECURE.
Need help? Contact Technical Support
Services for the
hearing impaired (TTY)
From your Videotron mobile phone, dial 611.