The automatic installation of the Connection Manager, which comes with the Huawei E372 and E1831 Mobile Internet Keys, requires a few extra steps when using a Windows 8 computer.
1) How to enable the automatic installation:
a. Open the Control Panel.
b. Click “Hardware and Sound.”
c. Click “AutoPlay.”
d. Under “Software,” select “Install or run program from your media” from the drop-down menu.
e. Click “Save.”
2) Change the thumbnail display mode to standard display mode:
a. Click the “Desktop” thumbnail (in the bottom right corner of the thumbnail window).
3) Plug the Huawei E372 and E1831 Mobile Internet Keys into one of your computer’s
4) Follow the installation instructions.
Please note that manual installation of the Connection Manager follows the same procedure for Windows 8.
1) Plug the Mobile Internet Key into your computer’s USB port.
2) Open Windows Explorer.
3) Launch the installation of the Connection Manager by clicking on the media associated with the key.