How do I configure my email address with software like Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Mac Mail, etc.?
To start, you need your username (vlxxxxxx), which you can find on your invoice, and your password. There are two ways to configure your email address:
If you need help configuring your email address, please contact one of our technical support agents at 514-380-7000 or 1-800-561-4248.
I’m getting an error message when I send or receive emails. What should I do?
The problem varies depending on the error message. It might be related to the following:
A. An incorrect configuration of the email software
B. Viruses or spyware
C. Antivirus, antispyware or firewall software
D. The email software or the operating system
a. For configuration of the email software:
It is important to verify the following points:
- The username and password: The username appears on your invoice and is always in the following format: vlxxxxxx.
- The name of the incoming server: pop.videotron.ca
- The name of the outgoing server: relais.videotron.ca
b. For problems related to viruses or spyware:
It is a good idea to verify the contents of your computer with software specifically designed for the purpose, such as the software designed by Videotron Security Services.
c. For problems related to antivirus or antispyware software, and firewall software from sources other than Videotron
Contact the software manufacturer's technical support or an IT person.
d. For problems related to email software or the operating system itself
Have your computer checked by an IT person.
If you need more information about your email account, please contact one of our technical support agents at 514-380-7000 or 1800-561-4248.
How do I change my email password?
First, you have to know your current password. If you don't, contact Technical Support.
There are two ways to change the password to your inbox:
If you need help changing your password, please contact one of our technical support agents at 514-380-7000 or 1-800-561-4248.
How do I add an email address?
There are two ways to add an email address:
If you need help adding an email address, please contact one of our technical support agents at 514-380-7000 or 1-800-561-4248.
How do I access my email when I'm on the move?
There are two ways to access your email when you're on the move:
A. Via the Videotron Website
When you’re on the Videotron Website, open a WebMail session. WebMail lets you access new email messages not already received by your messaging system.
B. By configuring your email software
Here are the instructions to follow for Outlook Express and Mac Mail:
Click on "Tools/Accounts,“ then on the second tab, "Mail." Select the account "pop. Videotron.ca," then click on "Properties."
- Select the "Advanced" tab. In the upper section, "Server Port Numbers" for the outgoing email (SMTP), change the port number to 587.
- Then activate the "Servers" tab. In the bottom section, "Outgoing Mail (SMTP)," activate the option "My server requires authentication," then click on "Settings."
- On the next screen, choose the option "Open the session using..." then enter your username (vlxxxxxx) and the appropriate password.
- Click the "Mail" menu, then select the "Preferences" option.
- In the "Accounts" section, first select the POP account corresponding to Videotron email, then select the "Account Information" tab. At the very bottom, make sure that the outgoing server "relais.Videotron.ca" is selected from the scroll-down list. Click on "Server Settings."
- Change the server port to 587 and then select "Authentication" from the scroll-down list. Click "OK" to accept the changes.
- To validate and quit Mail preferences, click on the red button (or the first button in the upper-left if you have selected gray as the colour).